There is no cure for Blog Addiction. But there is recovery. We call this proecss Blog Recovery Basics (BRB) fueled by our unique 12 step program:
1. We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our blogs had become unmanageable
2. Came to believe that a Sys Admin greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
3. Made a decision to turn our blogs, logins and passwords over to a trusted third party
4. Made a searching and fearless content inventory of our blogs
5. Admitted to Bloglines, to Feedburner and Technorati being the exact nature of our overposting
6. Were entirely ready to have the RSS and Atom feeds removed from our sites
7. Humbly asked our blogroll to remove links to us
8. Made a list of all blogs we had linked, and became willing to delete them all
9. Made chmods to our directories wherever possible
10. Continued to take content inventory and when we were tempted to blog, promptly admitted it
11. Sought through coffee and Tivo to improve our time offline and resolved to not check our Technorati rankings more than once a day
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
For further information—please contact Gabby Hon, VP BRB, North America.