The thing about insanity cycles is this. You never realize you're in one until you're dangerously close to losing your sanity. But that's the perfect time to put an end to it. Insanity cycles aren't as rare as you think. Sometimes they are the repetitions of actions which lead us to destinations we don't want to be in. They could include:
- Trying to fix something that isn't fixable
- Attempting to go through obstacles vs. going around them
- Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results (a classic)
- Worrying about something that's out of your control
- Making mistakes and making the same mistakes over again
- Forgetting your limitations and the limitations of others
In short, insanity cycles are much less about the insanity and much more about the cycle. Break the cycle and you stop the insanity.